There are many different types of treatments for cold sores. Some work for some folk and not for others. It’s up to the individual to find the treatment that works for them. There is a treatment for cold sores that can work in three days and keep the virus at bay for life and it can work for the majority of people. It is totally natural. No prescriptions or over the counter medications are involved.
Before I explain more, here are the more traditional methods of how to get rid of cold sores. Firstly I want to briefly touch on the main reasons why we get them. Prevention really is better than cure.
- Avoid stress as much as you can because this must be the biggest factor of all in bringing out an attack.
- Colds and flu can bring on cold sores when your body defences are low. Unfortunately, these are hard to avoid but if you know that someone has a cold or a fever, try to stay away from them as much as possible.
- Avoid kissing or close contact with anybody that has an outbreak or even had an outbreak recently as the virus can be passed on through saliva even though there are no visible signs.
- Don’t share anything that is in contact with the sore, e.g food, cosmetics, cups and towels.
- When you go out into the great outdoors, slap on some lip hydrating balm that contains defence against UV rays as the wind and sun may cause sores to erupt.
- If you have a sore, touch it as little as possible, and wash your hands as often as you can.
- Really hot food and hot drinks may cause a cold sore to break out, at the very least it can be painful and could make them worse.
- Lack of the B12 vitamin or calcium. Supplements of these can prove to be a benefit.
Whatever the cause of a bout of the virus, it is always best to treat it as soon as you feel one coming on. There are many treatments for cold sores around today. Some of them natural some of them prescription and some of them non-prescription.
How To Get Rid Of Cold Sores With Non-Prescription Treatments
- Abreva. Shortens the healing time and length of the attack. The healthy cells are protected from the infected cells.
- Blistex. Relieves the cold sores pain and itching and keeps lips moist.
- Carmex. Contains various natural cooling elements that relieve dry lips and sores.
- Lipactin gel. Shortens the length of the outbreak.
How To Get Rid Of Cold Sores With Prescription Treatments
- Zovirax. Reduces the symptoms and the strength of the cold sore.
- Denavir. Used for persistent attacks. Antiviral cream. Prevents the virus from progressing.
- Famvir. (Taken orally) Originally used for treatment other infections. Pain and length of outbreak are shortened.
- Valtrex. (Taken orally) Best used as soon as symptoms appear. Decreases duration, discomfort and restorative time of an attack.
How To Get Rid Of Cold Sores With Home Remedies
- Calcium and Magnesium supplements. Cold sores do not like alkali. Try to keep your natural acid/alkali balance slightly alkali. If you suffer many sores, it may be that you are short of calcium.
- B Vitamins. Can alleviate the symptoms of stress within your body. Because stress brings on an attack, taking the vitamins can thwart outbreaks and heal sores that are present.
- Peppermint Oil. Has an antiviral effect against the virus (herpes simplex) that causes the outbreak of cold sores.
- Resveratrol. Another natural treatment found in red grapes, that fights the virus. Stops the development of the sore if applied frequently.
- Lemon Balm. Once again has antiviral strengths that reduces the healing time of the blisters and if used on a regular basis may lessen outbreaks.
- Zinc vitamins. Speeds up the healing process. It is a very powerful natural treatment but do not take too much without seeing you doctor. Zinc used in creams that are applied straight onto the sore can be effective.
- Aloe Vera. A general all round natural medicine. It soothes the sore and will make you fell more comfortable.
These are some of the many methods of treatments of how to get rid of cold sores. They do work but only sometimes on some people. Other people want natural treatments.
There is a solution that gets right to the heart of the problem. It can get rid of the sore in as little as three days and once they have disappeared, they have gone for good.
It is a totally natural treatment that attacks the problem from inside as well as outside, unlike most of the commonly used methods. It is not used by the medical fraternity for various reasons, mainly because of the reliance of the use of drugs for treatment.